GENUINE HAND-PAINTED KALACHAKRA MANDALA -THE WHEEL OF LIFE CIRCLE ORIGINAL- TIBETAN THANGKA PAINTING, BUDDHIST ART
Size of Painting: 12 inches x 12 inches (30cm x 30cm)
This is a genuine Tibetan thangka painting with Kalachakra Mandala theme. The Kalachakra in Sanskrit means, the wheel of life. This Thangka is painted by our expert artist and is one of the finest original art pieces, we have.
Mandala in Sanskrit means circle. It represents wholeness and can be seen as a model for the organizational structure of life itself--a cosmic diagram that reminds us of our relation to the infinite, the world that extends both beyond and within our bodies and minds. Describing both material and non-material realities, the mandala appears in all aspects of life: the celestial circles we call earth, sun, and moon, as well as conceptual circles of friends, family, and community.
What is Thangka?
- A thangka, also known as tangka, thanka or tanka is a painting on cotton, or silk appliqué, usually depicting a Buddhist deity, scene, or mandala.
- The thangka is not a flat creation like an oil painting or acrylic painting but consists of a complex subject.
- Generally, thangkas last a very long time and retain much of their luster, but because of their delicate nature, they have to be kept in dry places where moisture won't affect the quality of the painting.
- The Thangkas serve as important teaching tools depicting the life of the Buddha, various influential lamas and other deities and bodhisattvas.
- The Thangka, when created properly, perform several different functions. Images of deities can be used as teaching tools when depicting the life (or lives) of the Buddha, describing historical events concerning important Lamas, or retelling myths associated with other deities.
- The Devotional images act as the centerpiece during a ritual or ceremony and are often used as mediums through which one can offer prayers or make requests.
For international shipment, import duties, taxes, and other charges (if any) at destination countries are of buyers' responsibility